Friday, November 20, 2015

Sonja's Windows - a finish

This was started a long time ago!  Using up my scraps (well a few of them anyway)

You can see details about the process here

It is a pattern called Sonja's Windows and the instructions a detailed over at Stitchin' Therapy.

It went together more quickly than you would think, and I love seeing all the little bits from other quilts mixed in here.

I used some leftover bits for a highlight on the back as well...

This one I quilting with what I call "Bubbles", really just a circle within a circle and travel around the quilt..

This one is proudly hanging on the bunk beds at the cabin..

Linking up to TGIFF today over at Anja Quilts.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF. I like that bubble FMQ. I'm always looking for an easy motif. Love the orange backing -- my favourite colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very pretty use of your scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That block has been on my radar for quite a while. Don't know if I'll sash it or not. It probably won't make much of a dent in my strip bin though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing scrap quilts! These are great use of scraps, and turned out so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job Flo - yes, a scrap quilt is a way to visit all the past quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love hitting the scrap stash! And it makes more room for new fabric! A lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice finish! I really like the addition of the white frame around it blocks, it really sets of all of the fabrics and piecing.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or just say hello....It's nice to know I am not talking to myself!