Thursday, February 3, 2011

I can't do random !

I learned something about myself today....I am not good at "random" !
I started this morning working on the backing for the Strata quilt. I decided to leave it the size that it is, and use it as a wall-hanging in my sewing room.

I wanted to use some of the scraps  for the backing because I did not have a big enough piece and thought that I could use up the left over fat quarters, left over Strata blocks and bits. Well, it took me ALL day!! I kept arranging and rearranging!!  ...cut the fat quarters into smaller pieces....

sewed them back together.......rearranged some more.....

I know....they look just about the same! I just couldn't help myself.  I think I must be obsessive/compulsive or maybe it is just the Virgo in me??? Even the random had to have some symmetry to it !!

Then a little voice in my head shouted...This is enough!!  This is the BACK of a WALLHANGING !!! So I just started sewing the bits together.....

WHEW!!  At least I got it finished and layered and pinned......which should have been done by about 11 o'clock this morning LOL !

Maybe after all that I will need to use it as a throw on the couch for awhile, so I can at least enjoy looking at the back sometimes.:)

2 comments:

  1. You are too funny! It is hard to get 'outside the box' - sometimes you just have to go and do the norm - you could have saved those bits for another project and just used something else for the back. It should be fun, and when you stress, the fun is gone. I save my 'uglies' for wallhangings - you're not gonna' see it afterall - and the stress is gone. Save the extra piecing backs for a quilt. Oh - I love the wallhanging, lovely use of color, pattern, and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not alone in the non-random world!

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or just say hello....It's nice to know I am not talking to myself!