After all the excitement of packages in the mail, I received a "Stylish Blogger" award, nominated by Jan-Maree , a.k.a Cherry Red Quilter.
Sorry it has taken me so long to post, but had to patiently wait to get my computer back. (or maybe not so patiently!!) Anyway, here is the deal with the Stylish Blogger..
1) I need to thank and link back to the person who gave the award...Thank you Jan-Maree!!!!
2)Then award some of my favorite bloggers (some say 3, some say 6, How about a few of my favorites), having given them some notice to see if they are willing to accept.
3) And finally share 7 things about myself.
So my Stylish Blogger awards go to some fun blogs:
- Appliqué Addict I haven't tried much applique, but lots of great information here, and wonderful pictures. (I love pictures)
- From the Blue Chair -great blog, very creative, and wonderful quilts and projects...all from the blue chair!
- Vrooman's quilts- not only are there great quilts here, but Sharon is also very knowledgeable and willing to share tips and advice!
- Walks in the Woods I love this blog. She is so creative, and inspiring! I have one of her books too, and it is great. The pages are getting a bit worn from leafing through it !!
And finally......7 things about myself (and that may be more than you really want to know!!)|
- My favorite animal is the elephant...not such a good idea as a pet, though : (
- My favorite color is yellow...reminds me of sunshine.
- I grew up on a farm in the middle of the Canadian prairies, and although I have moved around some, I am still living in the middle of the Canadian prairies.
- I got remarried 4 years ago, on a beach in Maui at sunset, with all of our children around us.
- I love to travel, and have tried to learn Italian. .."Buon giorno"
- I love flowers, and have a backyard full of them in the summer...and actually quite a lot in my fabric stash as well.
- I have been sewing for many years, mostly clothing, but have only started quilting in the last year or so.
There you have it! Me in a nutshell....and that is all for today. More details on some of what I have been working on soon.