Sunday, May 1, 2011

Canadian Quilt of Valour

I have to admit...I have never made half square triangles! I am not really good at matching up points, but thought that this was a worthy cause to give it a try.
Cara at Cara Quilts has very generously offered to make Canadian Quilts of Valour. This is the pattern that she has planned to make:

She is asking for donations of blocks and she will put them together.  The pattern for the blocks is here.

So I have a couple of FQ...and will attempt those tricky triangles!!

Stay tuned.... bad language is probably in the near future!  : )

3 comments:

  1. You can do it, Flo! One tip I have learned is to start with 5 inch squares instead of 4 7/8". This gives you a little wiggle room for squaring up the pieces and squared up pieces go together so easily!

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree with LaDonna - start with the 5" - easier to trim down (and less bad words). Just take your time, slow, a good pressing - you can do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you will do a beautiful job, you always do!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or just say hello....It's nice to know I am not talking to myself!