She is a very talented fabric artist and "sewist" and makes amazing things. I love checking out her blog, and cant wait till I pick up a few tips from her.
I am just a beginner, so dont have any of her experience or wisdom..but I thought I would share some of what I have learned:
1) quilters use 1/4 in seams so they can make 1/8 inch mistakes.
2) there is a difference between pressing and ironing.....maybe that is where the trend for "wonky" blocks started???
3) A little steam can be a good thing- there isn't much that cant be fixed with a hot iron and a little steam!
4) a good seam ripper is essential....and "unsewing" can be fun too.....(just keep saying that quietly over and over again)
5) Sometimes pinning is really a good idea.....if you dont agree - please see #4.
6) Nobody is perfect, we all make mistakes. Most of the time nobody but you will see them, and if they are noticable......that is what applique is for, right ??
7) Stashing material is normal.....dont listen to those little voices in your head that say it is not!
8) Reading blogs about quilting is almost as much fun as actually sewing......sometimes more fun!!
Hope you have a good day !