Saturday, October 29, 2011

Bloggers Quilt Festival

This is such a great idea....Bloggers Quilt Festival!,
Check out all the great entries Amy's Creative Side.  The only problem  is you can spend hours and hours looking at all the amazing quilts and other projects....so much inspiration!

For my entry I have to pick one of my favorites....

I made this quilt for a wedding present for a good friend. It is from a Jelly Roll of "Sunkissed"

and the pattern is from the book "Jelly Roll Inspiration" by Pam and Nicky Lintott...

I found what I thought was the perfect fabric for the backing... It was the perfect yellow, and had the words "princess", "castle", "once upon a time" and "castles" written across the fabric....Perfect!

Then, ...when I was preparing the backing, I noticed in small letters...fairly faint....the word "kiss the toad"!!!!!!   If you look really closely you can see it just under the crown. I had a moment of second thought....could I give this as a wedding present???

Well...I decided...yes I could! Hopefully the new groom won't look too closely at the back of the quilt!! LOL

17 comments:

  1. Good pick Flo - I just love this quilt! And, I think it is a perfect backing for a wedding quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely! The darker grey looks good together with the "sunkissed" fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok Flo..I just looked...lol. You know I am flighty though,right?? lol
    Your quilt is just beautiful!! I love the colours and the quilting is gorgeous....

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty...and that little last-minute discovery is SO funny! Hopefully the happy couple has a good sense of humour :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilt. And that back is great for a wedding present, I think, it's good to have a little sense of humor in a quilt, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice work thanks for the quilt for division.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kiss the toad! I love it. Beautiful quilt. I love Sunkissed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilt for the newlyweds; you have to remember that even a handsome groom sometimes turns into a toad!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bella, potrei prendere ispirazione per usare un po' di tessuti avanzati....
    Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a truly gorgeous quilt!! The colour/fabric is perfect for newlyweds!! Well done! Happy Stitching, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! The gray frames it so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful! i love sunkissed and that pattern is so fun. great job

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great quilt...lovely fabrics and colors and wonderful design. Darling backing material, toad and all! Thanks for sharing and have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  14. That quilt is beautiful! I may need to revisit a charm pack I have of that fabric stashed away in a drawer somewhere. :)

    Mary
    http://www.quiltgenius.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really beautiful Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or just say hello....It's nice to know I am not talking to myself!