Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday finishes

yup...I got one...a finish that is!!  One incentive is Amanda Jean's Finish-it-up-Friday over at Crazy mom quilts!  It is nice to say I actually got something finished !!

Also, I made a promise....in writing....that I would not buy anything new, or start a new quilt until I finished at least 3 that are already in progress!

And here is the first of those 3... "Oasis"

It is made from a Jelly Roll of "Origins" by Moda.
The pattern is actually Between the Lines by Sweet Jane, which was the inspiration for this quilt.

I usually dont piece the back, but was a bit short of the green fabric, so had to use up some of the other bits to make it big enough. I think it turned out ok, though.....

For the machine quilting,  I was trying out my little daisy pattern....

OK, the binding is matching the borders....I know......boring maybe, but I had already cut the binding out, a long time ago when I cut the borders, so it was ready to go. I have been trying to be a little more adventurous with my bindings lately, but this was ready to go and I couldn't bring myself to waste it.
The labels were printed at Spoonflower

All and all, I am happy with this little quilt. It finished at 56"x78"

Now only 2 more  finishes to go!!! 

14 comments:

  1. Just a great line of fabric and I think the perfect pattern for it. I'm not sure if another binding would make the quilt blend. Super cool daisy pattern - me like! And great that you showed 'labeling'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pieced backing :) I think it's like having two quilts in one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful! Love those colors!! And your quilting is amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love this quilt! And isn't it fun to have the incentive to get them finished?? Visiting from Finish It Up Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very striking quilt Flo...really very pretty, and your FMQ is lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE those colors! How fun! I like the back too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt! I love the fabric and your FMQ.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Flo - one down two to go and by the way I love that FMQ!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking quilt!! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colors...it looks like a spring field of grass and wildflowers! Congrats on getting something done!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful quilt Flo, I am not a green person but I certainly like this one, your quilting is wonderful. I recently made the promise to myself not to buy any new fabric for the next two months, except for backing for large quilts. I also want to finish up some of these UFO's.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The quilting turned out fantastic! Makes me want to try something new :-). Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or just say hello....It's nice to know I am not talking to myself!