Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Work in Progress Wednesday

Did I once promise not to start anything new until I finished up some of these half done quilt tops????
mmmmm......I don't remember saying that either!!

So after cutting up my very favorite fabric ..Origins by Moda..... I am happy with the layout (thank you to all of you for your comments !!) I need to add the border to it still...and of course then actually finish it...

But once I decided that I loved this one, and had been cherishing the fabric for months, so I couldn't give it away..I had to come up with something else for the wedding gift!!! Not to worry....I have lots of ideas in my head.....so I just pulled one out and got to work!

For those of you who remember all the whining about my sewing machine problems when I was FMQ "Daydream" (sorry about that!) If you missed it you can get a dose of it here!!
Well, I am about half way finished the FMQ on this one, and it is going so smoothly even I am surprised!!
I am loving this again.....but sort of waiting for the problems to start!

I am not sure what is different...same thread same needle, same tension, feed dogs are UP (I dont drop the feed dogs) and stitch length set to zero. Anyway, it is so much less stressful when everything is working well.

I am leaving at noon today for North Carolina, so will be unable to post for a few days!
I am going over to Lee's blog, Freshly Pieced,  now to check out all the creative people posting there!
Then I have to go pack!!

5 comments:

  1. Is the batting different? I had problems with one quilt, and none on the next, and I'm convinced it was the batting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your trip - loving how both the quilts look - travel safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that etchings (if that's what it is). I just got a charm pack. The yellow quilt is beautiful, love those colours. And the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feed dogs up????

    I may just have to try it!!! Never done that with FMQ before, but your quilts certainly do look wonderful!''

    Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You mentioned batting in the previous post(the one you linked). Are you using a different batting? Glad everything is going well, it would not be any fun if it wasn't.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or just say hello....It's nice to know I am not talking to myself!