Friday, October 21, 2011

Quilt Show

This is a busy weekend here in Saskatoon....the big Saskatoon Guild Quilt Show..

Last night was the opening ceremony, what fun! And we got to preview all the entries.....WOW!
This is the first quilt show that I have attended since I started quilting. I must admit that I am a bit overwhelmed with all the different styles, techniques and beautiful work. Maybe someday I will have something hanging there!

You have to go check out the entry from Monika over at My Sweet Prairie. It is a wearable "My Sweet Prairie" ....quite amazing...and her first clothing attempt! She is a Superhero!

Anyway, I am off to work as a volunteer at the show. I will be "White Gloving" so I guess I get to walk around with little while gloves on and ask people not to touch the quilts without their gloves!
mmmm....white gloves.....maybe I should wear my little hat????

4 comments:

  1. Awe thanks Flo. I didn't post the photo of us because I look stupid. lol I'll try to get someone to snap one of us when I'm there this afternoon. YES - wear your fascinator!!! : )

    ~Monika
    p.s. - FLO was the one who found the skirt fabric. : ) It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was this close to going...but I just finished university and quite frankly I don't think I could ride my bicycle that far. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to Monika's blog and seen her entry - isn't it awesome. She is one clever lady. Have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I was walking around there all afternoon today! I didn't think to look for your face. I had a great time and my brain was on overload when I left!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or just say hello....It's nice to know I am not talking to myself!