Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Work in Progress Wednesday

Well it is work in progress wednesday again!

And I am furiously trying to finish the quilt for the wedding gift....(seeing as how I liked the first one too much to give it away LOL)
I am getting more relaxed with my FMQ! Still lots of mistakes, and a few unplanned squiggles....but I put a lot faith in a good washing and dryer session!!


I used a wavy line for the narrow border, and  a repeating loop for the wider border...

In the triangles I used straight lines - zigging and zagging back and forth. I found that I do not do straight lines very well, and manage curves and loops much better.

The backing is a fun print with quilty words rambling across it....

and for the binding..I went outside my usual comfort zone of just using the border fabric and tried dots....

OK, they are really tiny dots....but that is a start, right???....Baby Steps!!

So I just have to hand stitch the binding ...add add the label, and it will be ready to go!! Has to get done before Friday!  Better get to work!!
But don't forget to check out what everyone else is doing over at Lee's blog...Freshly Pieced

8 comments:

  1. love your quilt and your fmq is sensational - well done!!

    called in from lee's as freshly pieced

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely Flo! Oh, I love striped or dots for bindings, so YEAH!! Just a special quilt for gifting - and great backing fabric - where did you get that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Flo, that is just beautiful! Love the colors. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks wonderful Flo and the quilting is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love this quilt! Great job on the FMQ - wow! I'm hosting TGIFF! this Friday at www.quiltmatters.blogspot.ca and it would be great if you would link this up to share with others when you get it done. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very striking quilt and good job on the quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or just say hello....It's nice to know I am not talking to myself!