Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A sharp idea!

I don't know about you....but I HATE throwing away all those rotary cutter blades! I keep mine as long as possible.....sometimes too long!

But I read in Pinterest that you can sharpen them using tin foil!!

I tried this. You scrunch up some household tin foil,

then flatten in down, and cut through it with the rotary cutter..several times. You are supposed to check it on some fabric to know when it is sharp enough.

I actually think it did help some...not  a great job though.
I did get  through that cutting job with out having to change the blade, so probably a good short term trick.

Have you heard of this?? Tried it out?? What did you think?

3 comments:

  1. Nice idea!! never heard of it though. I have a sharpener for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this last month and I swear it made my blade worse...lol I am sure I wasn't doing it right so i just bought new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried it out before and it's fine for a few days then you have to do it again. not sure how it really is supposed to work. I think a sharpening block would be more effective....=D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or just say hello....It's nice to know I am not talking to myself!