Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Finishing Touches

Well the wedding gifts are finished! Yeah!! Even have a few weeks to spare...wow..that is unusual!

I added the labels, and am busy washing the finished product today.
I used to make my labels on my sewing machine using the lettering function, but sometimes it just didn't get done. Then I found Spoonflower. You can design your own fabric (I am not nearly creative enough to do that !) but you can also make smaller items like labels.  And it is easy...even I could do it. So you can order as little as a fat quarter, or as many yards as you would like.  My first attempt turned out very bright yellow....
so I tried again with a softer colored background and am very happy with these. I like that I can write on the fabric to add the name and date for each quilt.

I did a test run, and tried various markers , then washed the fabric to see how it would turn out, and the best was just a plain old Ball Pen.

Anyway here is "Celebration"...




























and "Ever After"
        (really....I couldn't put Kiss the Frog on a wedding present !!)



5 comments:

  1. Two beautifully documented quilts. You walked us thru the entire birthing of these - I have enjoyed the ride, and the results are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts Flo, sure to be heirlooms. Thanks for the link, will check it out, my labels are so plain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Flo! Amazing job on the quilts and the quilting! And on top of that, done early! Congratulations! Now you can work on Daydream!

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are just gorgeous. I hope you get to watch them open your gift because the look on their faces will be priceless. You have created heirloom pieces for these new families!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or just say hello....It's nice to know I am not talking to myself!