Monday, March 26, 2012

bad hair day?

I had a good visit out in Calgary with 2 of my kids. Stacey (my baby) is in University...convocating this year..Yeah!! She is the one with the new puppy Zoe..who has grown since Christmas but is still soooo cute!! And yes, that is a quilt that I made...one of my very first...before I really knew what I was doing!

Matt (my oldest) just returned from a backpacking trip around Europe with his girlfriend Anna, so they are just getting settled back to the real world of working again. They took me to the Calgary Zoo..I love that Zoo!!  My favourite thing is the Elephants ..of course!!
BUT they also have a new Penguin display! COOL!  Mind you after waiting in line for 40 minutes in the cold wind, I wasn't sure I still wanted to see them..but it was worth it...this is actually indoors!

They are so fun to watch. There are about 50 of them in there. Several different kinds, although I have to admit I don't know anything about penguins except what I learned in "Happy Feet"! And speaking of Happy Feet...remember that guy with the bad hair (and the plastic around his neck)? Well they are real !! Who knew?

Anyway, it was a fun visit! Back home now....back to some sewing!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I LOVE the giraffes. : )

    Our favorite thing to do was walk down the Canadian animals trail. Baby mooses are SO friggin cute. ; ) That trail would lead us to the otter house where we could warm up and have a snack. It's so fun to see them swim from those viewing windows. : )

    ~Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't know there were penguins like that? They have some really cool documentaries on penguins actually. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you know I love a puppy named Zoe...there is one in my lap right now! It sounds as if you had a great time. I always love the penguins when we go to the St. Louis zoo too!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or just say hello....It's nice to know I am not talking to myself!