Saturday, December 1, 2012

Friday finish ...a green one!

OK!! First of all ..I know it is not Friday! But it took me that long to figure out how to add the pictures!! A BIG THANK YOU  to Kate from a sometimes quilter for helping me with Flickr and added HTML code !! Yikes!! Anyway, it worked, so I guess I am back!! And.....

I have a finish! A green one! hehe...turned out pretty nicely, actually!

the feature fabric is Curio by... .Moda...

026
the binding and borders are an unknown print...

023

 I found it really hard to find colours to match, but I think this works.

024

I did the FMQ on my home machine.. the usual pattern (I think I am stuck in a rut there!)
025

The backing is a batik. I don't usually use batik, but this was on sale for half price!! I know...you never find batik on sale !! Score!!  And besides, I thought that it really fitted well with the top...

030

All in all, it worked out well..

031

My daughter wants this one to give to her MIL for Christmas, so that is great! It will have a loving home :)

Even though I am late, I will still link up to TGIFF over at Making Rebecca Lynne!! 

8 comments:

  1. Well I like it - it says 'cuddle me warm'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this pattern! and the back :) lovely sale and always so nice to find one isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, so glad you linked up, Flo. The binding works beautifully. Wonderful finish -- your daughter's MIL will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! You have such a nice balance of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous...all the fabrics work perfectly together:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow the one in my head was nice but this one is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome, I'm glad it all worked out for you :-). Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is just beautiful!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or just say hello....It's nice to know I am not talking to myself!