Friday, November 14, 2014

Friday finishes- Chateau Rouge

I am trying to finish up things that have been lying around my sewing room for awhile! That should keep me busy for a year or two LOL

Anyway I did finish up two quilts this week...

I just had to try out this pattern...  I have had it on my to do list for a long time.

it really is a lot quicker and easier than it looks.  I used a jelly roll  (Chateau Rouge) but this would be a great way to use up scraps as well....and I love how it turned out.


I tried quilting each square ..

and then did a continuous loop along the stripe sections.. I need a bit more practice here..but it did get better!! 


I used  up the leftovers on the back ! I love doing this..it gets them used up and also adds a bit of interest to the back of the quilt..


And...I finished Silver... another quick disappearing 9-patch..

This was just a quick little quilt ...just because I liked the colours!
'

So that is my finishes ...linking up to TGIFF- this week hosted by M-R over at Quilt Matters

10 comments:

  1. Lovely finishes, Flo! I do like the first one and thank you for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the back of the first one. Great finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, two finishes?! Way to go, Flo! Love, love, love the colours in the red and grey one -- very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful finishes. I love your Jelly Roll quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, great work! Those both look great. And I love your quilting choices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilts are gorgeous and so is your machine quilting. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo. Bookmarked the tutorial for your Chateau Rouge quilt. Could have lots of fun with that one! And the colours in your Disappearing Nine Patch are lovely. The teal and brown and yellow work really well together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, really nice - I love the fabrics in Silver, and Chateau Rouge is just wonderful. The flowers you quilted in the squares are a great feature.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful finishes. Love the look of the Chateau Roses quilt and how the linking blocks form a secondary pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or just say hello....It's nice to know I am not talking to myself!