Sunday, November 27, 2011

Small Business Saturday

I did my best to support Small Business Saturday here in the USA!! It was the least I could do right??   And I did meet my goal of finishing 3 WIP's before buying something new...so felt I deserved a reward!

And besides, I have been golfing with my DH quite a lot.....because he loves to golf...and I like the walk in a pretty park LOL!! (and actually do OK with the golfing too)  But when you put everything you buy (read fabric here) in the context of the price of a golf game....it all works!

Anyway..here is what I did to support small business here in Phoenix...my favourite quilt store here....Quiltz.

I am planning to make a quilt for our bed here at the condo....

Don't you just love those rich colours???
And this just looked like "Arizona" to me..so I had to get some of that too.

Now I am busy browsing through quilt magazines for some inspiration ...

This is the part I struggle with...trying to decide what I am going to do with fabric that I love.

 I want to show off the prints and colours and make something that is interesting. I tend towards more "modern" designs, maybe because I am lazy..or that I am scared of triangles...but that is what appeals to me.

mmm..guess I will curl up with a cup of coffee and a pile of magazines and wait for the lightening bolt to strike!! 

3 comments:

  1. Love your fabrics such beautiful colours. Can't wait to see what you are going to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course; you earned that shopping spree...got those 3 finishes...beautiful fabric, btw. If you are drawn to triangles, why not try a flying geese or a flying geese variation.I have a picture on my website...maybe have a look at it...but there are so many wonderful patterns out there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fabrics - I'm sure you will do them justice.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or just say hello....It's nice to know I am not talking to myself!