Saturday, March 16, 2013

IPad app alert

I am not a techie..by any stretch of the imagination ! But I found a couple of really great iPad apps that .....wait for it....are FREE to boot !!
                                          
Actually I didn't "find" them.... In fact a fellow blogger, Paulette,  posted about them.

She does a great job of taking pictures of her screen to show some samples of the app....check out this post over at.. Sweet P Quilting and Creations.


The first one here, is Block Fab. It is a design site. You can pick what kind of block you want, try different layouts and even change the colours.


And here are are couple of great pages about these:  Block Fab
BlockFab


The second one is called Quilt Fab.  It calculates how much fabric you will need. There is even a way to calculate fabric requirments for borders, and bindings!

QUILTFAB

MOBILE QUILT FABRIC CALCULATOR
FOR BACKING, BINDING, AND BORDERS

And finally...one more!  
Remember how I am ALWAYS running out of thread when I am quilting? And ALWAYS whining that there should be a way to calculate how much thread that I need?  Well....check this out ...
It is called "How much Thread"   And it is FREE too !!  WOW!
How Much Thread 1.0
It is hosted by  Superior Thread, and super easy to use! You pick the size of quilt,and the density of quilting that you are planning to do.  Now, it can only be an estimate, because density of quilting is a pretty vague measurement, so is obviously not exact..but hopefully will help. 
I am having fun playing with these...hope you do too.



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Flo, I'll check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip Flo! Off to play with my ipad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this flo, I have often been in that situation of going to the store to get one more spool of the right color thread to finish,

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or just say hello....It's nice to know I am not talking to myself!