Monday, April 30, 2012

I could hear it calling...



I bought a couple of jelly rolls awhile back....OK, more than a couple...but it is not my fault!!  Green Fairy Quilts has these GREAT sales...how could I resist????

Anyway, I could hear this one calling!

It is Cabbages and Roses by Moda...
Moda Fat Quarter Bundle - Northcote Range by Cabbages & Roses

When I first started reading blogs, I came across this pattern at Cluck Cluck Sew.

I don't know what is is about this one that I just love, I am not even a "pink" person! Maybe I have a recessive Victorian Romantic gene hidden somewhere!!??  Anyway, I thought that I needed to start this one..it was a rainy cold day, and this looked soft and warm!

One thing I have learned with Jelly Rolls, is that is a good idea to take them outside and unroll them and give it a good shake! There are lots of little bits that end up all over everywhere!

So here are my first few blocks...I am really excited to see this one come together!!

I am also being pretty good at keeping up with organizing my scraps as I go.
I am still trying to cut them up when I finish cutting a project..

I have a "strips" box, a "2-1/2" squares" box, 5" squares, and a "crumb" box.  I have also added a "pieces" box, for bits that are larger, but less than 1/4 yard. Not sure why, but it just seemed like a lot of work cutting them up, and may use them someday ??  or keep them for many years and then cut them up LOL

9 comments:

  1. Nice jelly roll.
    Know how you feel about cutting up left over fabrics. I cut mostly 2 1/2" strips and 2 1/2" squares out of scraps. I do seem to use them eventually in quilts. 2" and 1 1/2" strips not so much. Have started some 5" squares. Not sure about them. Don't want to waste time and fabric...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just won a Cabbages & Roses Charm pack - not sure my style, so if you need extra, let me know. I like your storage/organization. I get bags of scraps dropped off, so it takes a long time to process them down. I usually work (challenge myself) from one bag and the pieces get worked down into the fabric food chain as I go. Oh, I refrained from the latest sale - I have 2 shelves full of pre=cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just hear them calling out ppppsssss Flo; over here...lol
    Don't blame you a bit...they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip on the jelly roll, I can just picture those bits flying off! Love the blocks =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea to shake the roll outside, at the store we often vacuum them with the little dirt devil! I noticed that some of the last ones that came they had them individually shrink wrapped- not sure if I like that tho,

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is looking so pretty! I can't wait to see the final product.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had known that tip about shaking out the jelly rolls before I used my first one! Your blocks are looking really pretty. Can't wait to see finished quilt. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or just say hello....It's nice to know I am not talking to myself!