Wednesday, November 14, 2012

WIP ...Curio

I wanted to try something different with this layer cake...Curio by Moda.

I have been using a lot of white as my neutral background, and thought I would try going darker for this. I found this really pretty olive greenish fabric...so went with that..

The one problem I am having is matching the colour for borders and binding!! I took it into my LQS and tried out every green, brown, yellow...but couldn't find much that worked. And then when I did pick something...it looked TOTALLY different when I got it home..so I didn't use it either!! I did find something in my stash that seemed to work though.

I think it is a really interesting change...but must admit...I like my white background better!!

The pattern is from England Street Quilts ( I love her blog...so many great quilts ....check it out!!..free patterns too!! Bonus!)

So that is my WIP for this week...and it is nearly finished!!

So lets check out what else people are doing over at Lee's WIP..



And the Needle and Thread Network..

11 comments:

  1. I love this. The olive green looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't seen Curio before, and it's so nice! It's certainly hard to change a colour that you are used to using. Gives it a whole different look, but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful Flo , I like the green , a nice change and really goes well with this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is different and that is okay. It keeps us trying new things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is very pretty Flo....but I agree; white just makes things stand out nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I have some FQ of this line and this might be a great way to use them - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the green. Even if it's not what you like sometimes we have to break our patterns and move forward.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you--it's not an easy thing to step outside of one's comfort zone. Looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful background colour, it really sets off the other fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Flo, that looks so cool! It's nice to try something different, isn't it? Olive is such a hard colour to work with -- kudos for doing it so well!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or just say hello....It's nice to know I am not talking to myself!